Thursday, August 10, 2006

Unit plans, arts and crafts...

I am having an unproductive day so far. Well, I have 'taught' 2 classes, so it's not entirely unproductive, but the non-contact hour I'm now nearing the end of has been less than brilliant. I hesitate to say that I really taught much today as the pedagogical content of my lessons consisted of 'work on your assignments', then making a little label out of duct tape for the front of a folder and playing the second episode of the Triffids to my class. I guess I did update my year plan for Y9, and make a (retrospective mostly) year plan for Y11, 12 and 13. They now live in front of my plan book, which I must write some sort of lesson plans in before ERO get here on Monday. I also need to write 4 more unit plans today, but I've got lunch time and period 5 to do that. Then I'll be 90% ready to be ERO'd and have all the required paperwork :) I am feeling a little crafty today. I want to do simple boy-solution craft tasks (like cutting out letters and numbers from red duct tape, and putting different spacing holes into a clear file pocket so it fits into my planner and such). Maybe it's just editing-withdrawal fidgeting? Lastly, Debbie has blogged about stuff. The wonders of taking a day of school. She also did all kinds of awesome stuff around the house, and even made me a delicious after-school snack when I got home. It made me seriously consider the economics of Debbie quitting her job and being a shufu :)


2 comments:

Seraph said...

You're having those ERO punks in ? Man - I hate those guys. Any group that comes in to inspect you and HAS to find something wrong that they can make pissy 'recommendations' about will be freaking first against the wall when the revolution comes.
Jerks.

Matt said...

They won't have to look too hard to find things to make recommendations about in *my* classes :)

I'm not too stressed about it - as long as I don't get multiple classroom visits, I'm sure I'll cope.

(someone at Debbie's school had 3 visits in one week!)