This has been a very good week. Holidays always are. Debbie and I are both feeling a lot more human, and have been reasonably productive whilst enjoying the lack of time pressures the holidays brings.
- Wrote the first draft of the script for next year's school play (a horror-comedy called Grim Wood)
- Finally got home theatre set up in our lounge, and watched several films.
- Saw 'Lady in the Water' at the Lighthouse Pauatahanui, and loved both the film and the cinema
- Ran the second session of Circus Game. The players now know that there was a fire a year ago, in which several performers were killed. Although they can remember many years with the circus, they remember no such fire. They may be the bodies of children abducted from the town where the fire happened, imbued with the memories/personalities/souls of the dead performers, and made into teenagers through witchy magic. Next week should be fun - it will center around what the players choose to do about their situation
- I've written the first 11 or so pages of a radio-play about 2 couples going out to an old cottage in the woods. I aim to have it finished by Tuesday of next week.
- Edited together the first act of the school play. It looks quite nice - though I probably have to play with the sound levels some more. Act 2 awaits!
- I made a broken tap into a broken leaky tap! Soon a plumber will make it into a working tap.
- Tidied up a bit, and generally pottered around the house, but didn't do any gardening because we haven't actually had a nice day weather-wise yet this holidays.
- Edited together the With Mighty Power bloopers, including the 'Behind the Scenes With Nick' added bonus featurette
A pretty good first week of the holidays! Coming up in the next week:
- Moviefest finals tomorrow
- Kapiti Roleplaying Weekend next week
- The final session of Circus Game
- Marking (boo!)
Should be fun ;)
Our environment is in trouble
1 day ago