Monday, January 30, 2006

Heady Days of Summer

It's a very nice thing to be able to relax. Life has been filled with little and not-so-little stresses for what feels like a long time - end of year busyness, marking, Kapcon and the Kapcon LARP. The past week has been notably relaxed, as Debbie and I wind down from the stresses we'v e had. Yesterday was particularly unwindy, with a BBQ and hot tub and grand, fine company. I had thought that I needed to be back at school tomorrow, and that there was some work I'd need to go in and do today. However, after an early morning check of the school's website, I realised that I can take this whole week to prepare myself for the year, and don't actually see any students until maybe Wednesday or Thursday next week. Hence today is all relaxing too! Note to self: Spending more than 2 hours in a hot tub can lead to symptoms not unlike a hangover. 5 glasses of water over the course of the evening may not be enough to get back to normal hydration.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for relaxing! I am in school, just 'cause I left such a mess last year, also, have a new course, also have to drop Erik off in the Hutt, also if I didn't get up now i'd probably stay abed until 1 and feel kinda seedy when I woke up.

ANyhoo, holidays are good. Yesterday I got to hang out with Nick and Conan!