Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Work Likes Me Not

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. I am back at work, slaving over a hot course outline. Teaching is not an easy job, and I don't think the profession would be well staffed if they reduced the holidays at all, but damn it's good to have a lengthy break over summer. I suspect that it is one of the motivating factors to enter (and stay in) the profession for many teachers. The year is so busy, and so much of your life is taken over by teaching, that you need the break away from it to recharge. So, another year of teaching commencing. It shall be interesting to see how it all goes. I shall say at this stage that I am quietly optimistic, and slightly worried. I know the two don't go together all that well, but there we have it. I think the teaching side of this year will go more smoothly (though I am teaching 3 new courses, so will have to spend a lot of time preparing materials). I think the management aspect will be fine once I've climbed onto the tiger's back. Must get back to work. Course outlines don't write themselves...


No comments: