Friday, January 27, 2006

Getting Cultured

This has been a busy week on the Arts front, much less so on the Kapcon front. Well, apart from the frantic posting, checking blogs and NZRaG, and returning of keys and costumes. As Debbie has mentioned, we saw Memoirs of a Geisha and Beauty and the Beast. One was an exquisitely beautiful fairy tale, and the other was a stage show of a Disney film. Memoirs was very, very cool. Debbie pretty much covered this one, except to say that the audience was very gender balancy (quite the date movie from all appearances), with a slight bias towards female (several groups of women together). It was also the most asian audience I've spied at a Readings cinema so far. Beauty was good fun, especially Gaston. I tend to find that I get a little hot and fidgety during shows, so I did my best to control myself during this one. No item of clothing other than my jacket was removed, and I did my best not to bump anyone with random twitches or stretches. On the whole, most enjoyable. Now I will return to my Kapcon obsessing.


No comments: