Sunday, June 01, 2008

Visiting parents

Are lovely. They say nice things about Dominic, buy him pressies and clothes, buy us nice dinner, and even do the dishes before they leave. They make occasional comments about the shocking state of the lawn (over a foot high in places!), but that's none too surprising. I weakly protested that I had mown part of the lawn within the last 2 weeks. I even pointed out which bit - it still looks good :-) There's also a patch of short grass between the front door and the driveway, worn down by 2 pairs of feet and stroller wheels. I promise I will mow the lawn soon. Where soon = sun + motivation + time combo.

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saving the planet is alive and well at 8 Winton Street :). A meadow of carbon fixing, oxygen releasing plants.....remind me to tell you some time of a Grandma Craig conversation about the state of the lawns (and garden) at 56 Hawkesbury Ave, Chch.)and her inability to enjoy a BBQ in the middle of such untamed wilderness....you were 4 years at the time and Lynda two, Adam was 6.... What goes around comes around :) And we loved seeing you and the gorgeous Dominator of your household:)