Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ridiculous Early Start

Hmm. I seem to have been awake for three hours already, and it's only 7.15am. Today is going to be a long day. Dom was up early, and I needed to have a shave before heading back to bed when he went back to sleep. After my shave, I found that I was fairly awake, and Dom stirred when I went to sneak back into the bedroom anyway. So I decided to do some work and read internets instead of going back to sleep. I am currently editing the Friday night show of my school's major production, which was a Shakespearean play this year (Midsummer Night's Dream). It's not too hard in Premier Pro 2, what with the multicam function - capture all the footage, sync up the the different cameras, then open a multi-cam monitor and watch the show in real time, clicking on little preview windows of each camera's footage to cut between. I'll occasionally let a really bad zoom or wobble through, and have to stop, go back, and redo a section, but I think it's about a 4 hour job per show? Which isn't too bad. Live editing would be nice in some ways, but it would mean I'd have to anticipate when to cut, and I'd need reliable camera operators. Given the lack of gear and lack of steady hands, I think post-show editing yields a better result. Anyways, I should probably eat breakfast soon, maybe do a few dishes or something useful like that. I think today is a yukky no-breaks day (meaning I have to run detention at lunch time) so I can't come home for lunch/visiting, so I'd better make myself some sandwiches too. Most. Exciting. Blogpost. Evah!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I think my days are long and busy!! Thank you for the reminder of how tough life in the real world can be!

Anonymous said...

Is actually pretty interesting. Is RealLifeTM. Also, I remember the horror of no break days. Bleurgh.

Hope the internets catching up was good. I must go read the 48forum again ;)