Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend of drawing

Debbie and I did a lot of drawing this weekend. It kinda looked like the JA 48 Hour Film team might use some drawings of mine to start their film, so Debbie storyboarded, I drew, and Debbie colourised (whilst juggling a lovely baby between us) for many hours. The team decided to go another way in the end, but we still have the pictures :-) And I drew a dinosaur today - it was kind of what I had in mind to draw yesterday before being assigned the start of the film. It was being punched by a superhero, but I cropped it down to just the dino as it was by far the star of the picture :-) So, here's lots of pics:













4 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay! I'm a cartoon!

Seraph said...

I'm impressed that you had the energy to draw ...

Unknown said...

Is so cool :)

Matt said...

I am pleased with how the pictures turned out, and it was neat to feel like we were contributing to a film without having to leave the house :-)

It was a little soul-destroying when we heard at 7pm that they weren't being used (after about 10 hours' work, and having sent the first images for approval at 9am), and a little disappointing that I didn't get to put my energies into drawing fun, silly superhero images. We are nonetheless very keen to see the finished film! And we are already scheming about next year, and the most baby-friendly way to dip our toes back into the game. We're thinking write and edit, plus cameo?