Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My brain, it is hurtz

It's been a long week, and it's only Wednesday. I am still very much looking forward to the holidays, but will be happy to survive until the weekend :P It's been amazing reading Gino's blogs, and seeing his wee one. It brings back many fond memories and also makes me realise how far my family has come in 4 months. I had a nap last night from about 7.15 to 8.15pm (the first hour of Dominic's big night-time sleep) and it was very nice. I woke up in time to watch House, then pretty much was back in the land of nod before 10. Dominic had a rough night at the start of the week (Monday night) and that had left me pretty shattered. The amazing thing was that a 'rough night' meant Dom didn't properly get to sleep until 10pm, and then woke up at about 5.15am. That's a hell of a lot more sleep than Debbie and I were getting when he was a newborn, sleeping for about an hour and a half max at a time (and more often than that for about 45 minutes). Still, it left me really knackered. I'm still recovering. Lastly, this has been the week of depressingly pathetic debates for my juniors. Why is it that the lazy little darlings think it's in any way acceptable to get up without a speech and get a mark fit for a 7-year-old? I'm pretty sure one slacker who underperformed for a Year 3 student today had written at least some of a speech, but decided not to use it. What a waste of time. And I liked that class two weeks ago...















No comments: