Saturday, April 05, 2008

Game Chef 2008

This year the write-an-rpg-in-10-days competition Game Chef is running two sections. The first is called 'Artists First', and I have just completed my entry. The idea is that a bunch of artists of varying skill levels (there are some incredibly impressive entries up in the artists' work-in-progress threads) will each create a set of pictures for an rpg that doesn't exist yet. In a couple of weeks' time, a whole lot of Game Chef designers will then choose a set of pictures and make up an rpg which uses those pics as its inspiration.

Artists can only submit 3-5 pictures, one set per artist. I've been doodling a lot this week (instead of editing my manuscript, which will make my self-imposed end of term editing deadline a little harder), and have now submitted my top-secret set of 5 pictures. I'll share them once the design contest goes live, but for now here's the 6th pic that I had to leave out (click for a slightly clearer version):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funs! Will you be entering and using your own pics??

Anonymous said...

I've drawn a set of pics, but I won't be doing the design part...