Saturday, March 01, 2008

I mow my lawn at 7:30am

Getting older is an odd process. Debbie and I now have a son (as long-time readers may have inferred), and I've been working full time for a while now (one year of full-time study, 7 years work in the past 8?). I'm also over 30 years of age, and I think I'm starting to notice some fairly substantial changes in my life: *I have a lawn of my own. This means I need to think about mowing it. I sometimes do this, and am even tempted to mow the lawn very early in the morning on a Saturday from time to time (though I think 8:30am is the earliest I've ever actually gone out and done it). *I don't sleep in often. Like, maybe one weekend day in four I'll sleep past 8:30. This morning I was up before 7am (though I probably wouldn't have been if Dominic hadn't decided he was done with sleep for the morning. He's asleep again now, but I'm all awake) *I rarely drink. I certainly don't drink heavily 2-3 weekends per month, nor do I go to parties frequently. *I have grey hairs. Quite a few of them, actually. I also have at least one or two awesome double-thickness crazy white Gandalf hairs. They came in first, well before the greys, and they hide in my hair and only occasionally pop out for my amusement. *I have money, but don't buy stuff sometimes. Like, there are loads of toys* I want to buy, and I probably could buy them, but I don't. Go figure. There are many other things, but now I must go mow my lawn. And shake my walking stick angrily at passing kids. * Toys like a 3ccd video camera with mic and headphones plugs for under $700, and a teeny tiny laptop, and wireless internet for the house to go with the teeny tiny laptop, and an LCD TV for the bedroom, and freeview...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now some of those toys could be seen as potential brithday presents -to encourage an aging man in his transition to sedentary pursuits ?!

Matt said...

Freeview would be a nice thing to get - good TV reception for more than just channels 1 and 2 would be nice :-)

I wonder what sort of discount my dad could get through his contacts on the Panasonic NVGS230...