Monday, February 04, 2008

War stories

First lesson with my Year 12 students. Course outline says typing up homework is good, but printer breaking down is no excuse. Teacher: Of course, if your printer breaks down you can always email me your work. Here is my school email address. Please don't email me for personal stuff, like 'Hey mister, how's it going.' Work stuff only. *pause* Teacher: Except when you leave school, then if you want to email me in a couple of years to tell me what you're doing, say hi, that's cool. You know, if you've joined the Air Force and you want to email me and say "Hey Mr, I'm in the airforce and I just shot a bunch of Iraqi's." That's cool. *pause, horrified looking students* Teacher: Well, that's not cool, y'know, not that particular thing. Hopefully nobody will be gunning down Iraqi's in a couple of years, but you get the idea.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome.