Monday, December 10, 2007

Parenthood is Awesome

Labour wasn't so much fun (though it went well and only took 6 hours), but having a kid is fantastic. Dominic was born at 6.10am on Sunday, 9th December. He's a very cute wee chap, and is doing pretty well. We're hoping to be discharged from hospital tomorrow - they want to check out his breathing (a little fast) and the common heart *valve?* thingee that lots of babies have (the one where it closes either just before or just after birth). He's had some x-rays, and seems pretty healthy, but they're being thorough, which is good.



We think he's adorable, which is handy since we have to look after him for years to come :-)

9 comments:

Idiot/Savant said...

But what does the cat think?

Neep said...

Marian just told me! Congrats you guys!

And nice timing. I'm sure you birthed the calflet on my birthday on purpose, right?

Lots of hugs, Eileen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

I was vaguely hoping he'd pop on my birthday, which is today, but you guys managed Eileen's birthday instead.

Dominic is gorgeous! You can put him on the bookshelf next to the calf and his other geek toys. Did you name his star yet?

Marian.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, he looks very cute

Its like a Lulu style "friend on demand" service for Ayla :)

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute. I am so happy for you guys!

Sam

Amanda said...

Congratulations and all the very best to you and Debbie! And what a cool name Dominic is!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

So awesome! When/where can we drop off presents?

Jenni said...

Kawaii bebe!

Yay and congratulations to both of you :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I was just thinking about when you're miniature was going to spring into the world, and I check your blog, and there he is!

Well, done I'm really happy for the both of you :) He totally has your button nose ;)

Sorry I didn't say anything sooner, word seemed to have passed me.

P.S, when can I start training him up as my sword wielding protege? :D