Friday, December 07, 2007

No news

Debbie and I are still waiting for a new arrival. Somewhat impatiently, I hasten to add. It's unlikely that I'll be doing any live blogging from a delivery suite, so I shall send a few txt messages instead (when the big day finally comes - some time before Christmas). People should then feel free to pass on the news to all and sundry :-) Also, it's hot. And nearly the end of the school year. 4 more days with students (unless I'm able to take the generous 1 paid day of leave that's in my contract to attend the birth of a partner's child). Ah, 'tis nearly holidays time... I'm also glad I got a new cellphone. I got one with a camera (the cheapest one with a camera in the store), and it's snazzy and wee. And it lets Debbie ring me at school with important questions about midwife appointments, and txt me and so on. It's really quite neat to have caught up with 2000's latest technology :-) (they had camera-phones in Japan when we went over there in 2001, and they weren't super-brand-new. In fact, by the time we left in 2002 they were giving camera-phones away free if you signed up to a 12 month plan.



1 comment:

Matt said...

News! Dominic was born at 6.10 am Sunday morning, after a 6 hour labour.

Mum and bubs are doing well, and hoping to be let out of hospital tomorrow :-)