Saturday, October 27, 2007

Moviefest Finals

Were today. They were differently bad to last years - more comically bad than annoyingly bad - but they still left Debbie and I (and Jenni and Lee) asking - What the hell? How hard is it to make an awards show focus on the awards, and put a little drama into it? Needless to say, we did not win - I'd have no time for complaining about the format if I was excitedly gloating about winning ;) Things that would have made the ceremony better: - showing clips from each film - reading out a list of who made the finals in each category - telling us who got 3rd and 2nd place in each category, even if there were no prizes for them - having a few extra 'spot prize' type awards for things that the prelim judges liked - shorter, or no guest speakers - positive feedback about what the judges liked about the winning films - our film winning There, a fully balanced and impartial list of advice, that I shall send with my warmest wishes to the well-meaning and hard-working organisers. I am sure they will thank me for it :) (Actually, I gave constructive feedback last year on how I thought the ceremony could be improved. My advice was not heeded.)

No comments: