Friday, October 05, 2007

Expensive, ineffective weight loss

Today I paid $120 to lose a tiny amount of weight - probably less than a gram? It was expensive, but it did have the bonus side effect of making my smile less broken-toothy.

I had the remnants of 2 baby teeth ripped out (under very effective anaesthetic). They were my baby canines, and it's quite a relief to be rid of them. I still have at least 2 baby teeth, but as they aren't broken I won't be removing them any time soon.

Shortly I will update with a photo of the teeth - I asked to keep them after the (rather swift) procedure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross,there's a chunk of flesh on the one on the right.

Where were they in relation to your adult canines?

-Marian

Matt said...

My adult canines grew in behind my baby teeth when I was a teenager. My dentist at the time assured me it would be fine, and the baby teeth would fall out of their own accord.

16 years later, I had to get them pulled out.

(I think the red bit is a broken bit of the root - though it is bloody)