Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Incremental Progress

Things are ticking along at the moment. The ball was this weekend, and I went to the start of it to help out with filming stuff. It was really nice to see the arrival of a student who is in recovery for a broken neck making an appearance, accompanied by the Rocky theme music. I assembled one of the most exciting pieces of kitset furniture ever yesterday - a cot which Debbie's mum very generously bought for us this weekend. It only had 5 pieces (2 ends, a base and 2 sides) so it wasn't the most difficult kit-set assemblage ever, but the instructions being sans illustrations meant I had to think about it more than I usually do :) School continues to be school, with all the associated stress and work. 'Nuff said, really. Debbie and I are both doing well - I think, after about 8 weeks, that I might be starting to get over the cold I picked up last term. I heard a student say that their GP had diagnosed them with 'The 100 Day Flu', which made me a little nervous. Of course, more often than not students are unreliable sources of information, but whatever this cold is it is persistent. Time now to go watch the second half of 'Persuasion', and try to warm up under a blankie. And maybe have a hot drink... Ahh! The cat just licked my beard! Crazy cat....


No comments: