Friday, August 17, 2007

Baby's First Bookcase

So we now have a nursery room more or less set up - with the first piece of furniture we paid for having finally arrived. We've got a tall bookshelf, a 6 drawer chest-of-drawers, and a cot all set up. The chest o drawers doesn't quite match the bookshelf yet - one is white with blue, the other white with yellow - but once it's swapped over in September all will be well. It's quite exciting, really. As is the fact that, all going well, we'll be parents by the end of the year. In other news, I'm putting together an application this weekend for an HOD job at my school. I'm by no means the front-runner, but one only gets the opportunity to apply for these jobs once in a while, and it may be ten or more years before the position comes up again, so I should really apply now to show I'm interested, if nothing else. The current HOD told me I should apply during our appraisal meeting, so that was a nice encouragement. Other things - dinner is almost ready. That's good. We plan to do a bit more Moviefest filming this weekend, which should also be good. I have a huge pile of marking to do. Not so good. Lastly, I just finished reading 'A Clockwork Orange' (mostly whilst walking to and from school), and I have to say it's a very good book, and one which quite thoroughly ear-wormed me for a while after I finished it. The nadsat (teenage) slang is quite something, and reminded me of first year Russian back at uni... "And so it would itty on to like the end of the world, round and round and round, like some bolshy gigantic like chelloveck, like old Bog Himself (by courtesy of Korova Milkbar) turning and turning and turning a vonny grahzny orange in his gigantic rookers.


8 comments:

Jenni said...

Lee and I are going to be up the coast on Sunday, so if you want to do any Princess filming LMK and we'll swing by in the afternoon.

We also have no plans for tomorrow, so if you are in Wellington and need a hand please let us know :)

Seraph said...

Dear God ! You WANT to be an HOD ??? It's not HOD English I hope !

Neep said...

http://file015b.bebo.com/13/large/2007/08/16/16/4267301482a5293533912l.jpg

Matt said...

kawaii!

Matt said...

Job - applied for.

Filming - completed.

Now I have to edit film before Thursday, as the deadline is Friday. I'm about half way through editing now...

Jenni said...

I send you vibes of good and efficient editing!

*vibes*

Anonymous said...

Go the film! Sorry I wasn't available to help at all.

OMG, applying for HOD position. Amazing! Although, you did win the "most likely to become a principal" award at TCol. I on the other hand, got the I'll mind your baby and the Rupert Giles for Library Service :)

Matt said...

I don't actually expect to get the HoD position, but I might get bumped up to Assisstant HoD in the reshuffle (although I'm not sure whether assisstant HoD is actually up from TIC Senior Literacy, which is my current position).