Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Writing going well

Have reached the half-way mark for my teen novel that I'm writing for kiwiwrimo. It's developing nicely - I don't think there'll be much needed in the way of editing before it's submittable. In other news, planning for Moviefest is going well. We're hoping to get some shooting done this weekend, in Wellington. It's a piecemeal affair, so there's less pressure to get it all done on one day. I'm thinking I might record the host's parts myself for timing, and then see if someone with slightly better acting chops (and slightly more TV presenter looking) is available to do them properly. Now, I go in to school to carry boxes around, pick up marking (wah!), and maybe print off the first 25,000 words of the novel. I do find rereading easier with a printed out version (and when combined with the second half, I'll probably want to get some feedback, and it's quicker to give someone a printed off copy that they can write on marking style). Right, I'm outta here!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a busy person you are! and Lynda loved the card and pressies for Ben. Enjoy the weekend

Jenni said...

*sticks hand up*

I'd love to read your novel and give feedback (especially if you're keen to reciprocate)

:)

Matt said...

Awesome - I'd be very keen for novel-swapping in a couple of weeks :)