Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Holiday times are good times

Ah, no conference today. No students. No work at all (except the mountain of marking that I'm ignoring). Instead I have written a moviefest script (first draft), pottered away on my kiwinowrimo novel, and done some shopping. Did I mention that holidays are awesome? I've also watched the third episode of Flight of the Conchords, which continues to be very good. More laugh out loud moments in this episode, but the songs didn't come across quite as well. In the recordings of live performance situations the vocals are always loud, and full of personality. The studio recordings seem to be mixed with the vocals significantly quieter, and the performances are less energetic/immediate, which is a shame because the songs are so damn awesome. The TV show is still boss, but when it comes to the songs my preference is for the live stuff. And now, I think I will do a little more writing. The target for kiwinowrimo is to write 50,000 words in one month, about 1,600 words a day. I'm currently a couple thousand words short of where I should be (I've written 13,900, should be reaching 16,130 by the end of today), so if I get a little bit done now, plus another batch after dinner, I should get close to the mark. Sunday was my most productive day to date - something like 4,000 words written. Yesterday was my least productive day - zero words written. I'm enjoying the challenge, and it's great motivation to see how other people are doing. It's all goods, I tells ya. PS: The moviefest script is not a musical. It's a retrospective about the life of a dead princess (killed by monkeys) who raised money for charity through cage fighting, and had a royal stalker. It's in the kicking it around to make it better stage. There are roles for extras, such as papparazi and fans and 'gets punched in the nuts' guy. Yay!



No comments: