Thursday, June 14, 2007

Busy, as per usual

Reports. Major Production DVD (editing the matinee, making the DVD). Senior exam marking. I actually almost enjoyed mowing the lawn last weekend. It was certainly satisfying to tame the wild grass. If our lawn were about a third of its current size, but equally flat, I think it would not be an unpleasant chore at all. Well, a fifth of its current size. Roughly. In other thrilling news, I have taken to eating vegemite sandwiches for lunch. This is a change from the peanut butter sandwiches I ate in term 1. Sometimes I have cheese in my sandwiches too, but usually I do not. Mote it be. Lastly, I'm reading some 1990/1991 Kurt Vonnegut - a novel called Hocus Pocus. It's very good - a reflective novel told in first person by a character who is in prison, looking back over his life. The Vietnam War, education, prisons and such are its main subject matter. I'm reading it whilst walking to work, and am about half way through now. I love the feeling I get when it's time to pick a new book to read - so many choices, such a richness of variety. What will be next? It's neat. Peachy keen, even.


No comments: