Monday, May 07, 2007

Square Eyes

Seen: Spiderman 3 - Loved it. Laughed a lot at badass-emo-spidey. Picadilly Jim - an enjoyable Wodehouse-based film which came out recently on DVD. Some minor modernizations, but wonderfully fun and quite 30's in feel. Thirteen - a rambling tale of 'good girl gone bad'. Wasn't fun to watch, and didn't really open my eyes to much of anything - but I work with teenagers, and they aren't shy about talking about their escapades in class (to other students, but loud enough for the whole world to hear). Not a bad film, and one that I'd been curious about for a while, but not one I'd recommend to anyone either. Wasabi - a surprisingly fun French/Japanese action film starring Jean Reno. I was expecting action and crazy outfits, and the humour was a pleasant bonus. Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith? Rise of the Sith? Something of the Sith anyway - there were parts of the film that I had no recollection of, since I saw it late one Friday at the cinema, and may have actually slept through some bits. On the whole, I quite liked it, but it was a weak, weak script in places, and some of the action scenes went on longer than was interesting for me. Still better than Phantom Menace. No parent teacher interviews, evening shows, or other disruptions this week. Just a regular week of school. It's a little surprising how appealing this is - though I guess I was out and about on school business 2 evenings in each of the first 2 weeks, which is quite a time commitment.


No comments: