Friday, May 04, 2007

One more quote, 2 more classes

"When marriage is outlawed, only outlaws will have in-laws" Wonderfully silly stuff. In other exciting (for me) news, I only have 2 classes between now and the weekend - one in a computer lab, with students beavering away on creative writing and reassessments, and one with my Y12 class looking at Shawshank Redemption. Neither of these should contain unpleasantness, and then it's weekend time for 2 glorious days. I expect to do a modicum of work (editing, gardening, laundry etc.), and a lot of not-doing-work. I suspect a trip to Porirua to see Spiderman 3 is on the cards too (most likely a morning session, as they're less crowded). I walked to school both yesterday and the day before, in spite of forecasts of rain and yukkiness. I carried an umbrella (actually I wore it between my bag and back, sticking out to either side), but was pleased not to need it. I've read close to a hundred pages of the novel I'm reading this week during the walk to school. This is fantastic. Lastly, I'll mention the fact that once people know you can do something, the chances of you being asked to do it increase dramatically. Far too many people at school now know that I'm reasonably good with technology (ie I can plug in a VCR), and I can edit and film stuff. Today some students asked me to edit a video-record of the school ball. This could get burdensome quickly - I think I need to train me a team of students to do the work for me. On the other hand, mulitcam editing in Premiere Pro 2 is apparently quite easy (real-time display of up to 4 cameras, with switching between them done by clicking or keyboard). This will make mixing cameras for live events much easier. Now I go to tidy my office - it's looking a little embarrassingly messy. It's been a hectic couple of weeks, what with major production, Shakespeare festival (which was neat), and parent teacher interviews. But time has come to get tidy, dammit - or to get tidy enough that I don't feel ashamed of my workspace :)


1 comment:

Matt said...

Desk tidied. Slideshow of production photos with music processing. Reassessment work sorted for Monday.

Also, I finished assembling show number one, and burned a DVD of it for the drama teacher who wrote and directed the show. I think I'm going to cut out some of the longer blackouts - no need to keep them in for the DVD. And I might need to further adjust the volume in a couple of places. But, for the most part, I's done with that show :)

Now, the matinee will be a different story. Premier Pro 2 should speed up the process if I can get it installed and working this weekend...