Friday, March 02, 2007

Colourising is fun!

I have photopaint on my laptop now, and happen to have my old hard drive (in an external enclosure) with me today, so I have spent some of my free time colourising an image. It is quite a fun process, and it's nice to see the end result looking a lot cooler than the starting image:



and in greyscale:




This is one of the pictures I drew with Mike's Badass Space Marines game in mind. I think it's probably a little cartoony for his purposes, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I was remarking to Debbie just last night that although I'm not exactly a pro, I've really improved my drawing a lot over the past 10 years. It would be charitable to call my early comic efforts rough, but I've come a long way since then. It's satisfying to be able to look at a skill and say - yeah, I've stuck at it and gotten better.

On the other hand, I was once OK at playing the guitar, and my skills in that area have completely atrophied. So it's swings and roundabouts really. Either way, the weekend is nearly here - one tough class, one easy class to go. And, for the first time this week, no detention duty at lunchtime! I may even take a stroll about in the fresh air :)

1 comment:

Matt said...

I was always intending to switch the image ot greyscale when it was done, so I didn't agonise over colours too much.