Wednesday, February 21, 2007

friendlycomputer.co.nz are great

I have bought a few things over the past year from Friendly Computer Online Store, and they have been great. Very fast service, friendly emails, very helpful when a cable for my USB hard-drive was playing up, all round good service. And their prices are good too :) So, I thought to myself, why not officially record my good experience on the interweb. That way if someone's wondering whether friendlycomputer.co.nz are any good, they might stumble across my comments / review. Stuff I bought: 40gb USB hard drive (notebook hd in a 2.5inch enclosure) (cost about $100, early 2006) 3.5 inch 200gb hard drive in an enclosure (cost about $165 including postage, mid 2006) 3.5 inch 250gb hard drive + an enclosure (um, about $180 last week) a 1gb usb flash drive ($20?) The only trouble I had was with the usb cable for the 2.5inch hd, and I've heard that's a common fault with those particular types of cable (1 usb to 2 usb). They sent some helpful emails, then I sent the drive back, and they got it working no problems (it was a dodgy cable that would work for a few minutes at a time, then crap out - so it had been tested briefly, but not for long enough for the fault to show up).


No comments: