Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mid-week bleargh


My brain hurts. It's Wednesday, and I am very, very tired. I am not without the occasional upbeat thought, but my general mode is one of ugh. Things that I have watched this week that were cool: * The Haunting (black and white fillum). Some great camera work, very extreme in the angles, with some interesting camera movement too. A nice insane character, with prominent voice over (Extreme Voice Over most of the time), and a great dollop of exposition at the start. Neat Halloween viewing. * Season Two, Episode One Hex. I was not terribly impressed by the first season of Hex - clunky writing, both in meandering storylines and bad dialogue, a woefully underused set of neat premises, and a general sense that the show didn't really know what it wanted to be. Episode one of Season Two was awesome - really good use made of all the set-up in season one, with a much more coherent purpose and sense that it is going somewhere. We're going to watch the next episode later tonight - hopefully it will continue in this vein. * The first half hour of Lord of War. I was totally hooked, and hated to have to turn it off to go out. And it was due back today, so we didn't get to see the end. We will definitely be either hiring it again, or buying a copy for ourselves. * A student who is a right pain in the ass to teach completing his leaving form. A nice enough kid as far as teenagers go, but with no desire to be at school or cooperate with the system. Life will be much quiter and simpler for both of us now that he's making his way into paid employment. * Sunshine. I likes to see it, and will like tomorrow even more, as I may have a few minutes of free time to go outside and enjoy it. Now, to go eat me some ibuprofen and watch Hex. Coming soon: Matt writes about his amazingly corrupted speech patterns. Seriously, it's wack, Gee. I've been busting out the slang mad-stylz for several days, yo. It's all goods, but da students, dey been noticin' and shit, and I's gots myself some criticisms an'at from the li'l chilluns.

No comments: