Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend of Horror

In a good way. Saturday saw a very fun trip to Palmerston North to visit family, and do gaming. We played Mall of Horror, Jenga, Decade (with a faux Victorian theme) and a nWoD horror scenario, probably called The Hanging Tree. All were fantastic fun, though hayfever or something similar caused my eyes to sting like crazy for the last couple of hours. Sunday was much more relaxed, and included watching some Lost season 3 (pretty cool so far), and generally chilling out. We managed to get out for a brief walk in between extreme weather changes. And now - the working week. Prizegiving is looming, and with it vast amounts of work. At least once it's over, the workload lightens considerably as senior students go on exam leave. Oh yeah, and there are reports to write too. Blah. Enough with the incredibly exciting details of my life - on to the random anecdote*! This morning, as I was driving to school, I saw three youths dressed in ninja costumes. They were breaking into a local bank, which happened to have the Great Diamond of Ankh-Ul in the vault (you've probably seen this in the society papers). I pulled over and got out of the car, and was about to accost the youths when a man with the head of a bull and the legs of a lion flew down from out of the clouds (he had giant eagle wings) and started busking outside the bank using a particularly irritating form of modern interpretive dance which he called 'the shoehammer'. He completely blocked my view, and by the time he'd raised the $3.50 he needed for a coffee and left, the thieves had disappeared. I wanted to give a statement to the police, but my emergency signal in my watch went off, and I had to leave. A student was dropping litter into the air-vent for the school's mecha-deployment system, and needed to be given a detention. In the end, I was late to staff briefing and missed out on the complimentary body armour that had been donated to the school by NATO. Pshhh. *Anecdote possibly contains less-than-true elements.



No comments: