Thursday, October 19, 2006

The days, they fly by...

Ugh. Slow week at work. Need weekend. Very tired. Teaching poetry at the moment, and enjoying writing bad poetry as examples. Also enjoying sharing some good poetry with students. If'n I remember, I will post one of the poems we looked at for y'all to read. It's called 'Film Put In Backwards', and is by Gunter something or other. He has an umlaut over the u in his name, but I don't know how to type umlauts. There is a package in the mail, and I am very much looking forward to its arrival. It contains Darkplace, Fry and Laurie season 2 and 3, and the third Illuminatus Trilogy book (a reprint from a couple of years ago). Awesome. Lastly, in this most exciting of posts, I've been reading a lot of Astro City in the last couple of days, courtesy of my school library. I'm most of the way through 'Family Album' (I think that's what it's called), and have 'Local Heroes' on my desk to follow up. Noice. Now I go to do more work. Kinda.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the special features on Darkplace?

Astro City is very good. I like soem stories more than most but the quality is consistently high.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick query - and you may have let your dad know - did you find yourself a little more cashly endowed last week? I gave intruction for you to be so but would like to be sure of the outcome :)

Matt said...

Yes! We are 2 garage-door openers worth of cash richer! Thank you!

Luke - I know not what special features there be. 'Tis all part of the mystery of Darkplace.

Matt said...

Some quick googling (looking in places other than amazon uk) and:

Special Features
Commentary on every episode with Garth, Dean and Todd (In Character)
Darkplace Illumination – Character Interviews (32:25mins)
Misc. Horrificata Illuminata – Character Interviews (29:51mins)
My Storyboards – Boards for 4 Scenes
In Memoriam Darkplace – Gallery
Radio Ads x5
”One Track Lover” Single – 5 Audio Tracks
The One Scene I Cut – Deleted Scene from “Scotch Mist”
Pam’s Home Movies – In Character Behind-the-Scenes footage shot by Garth's wife
Test Footage – Lost Scene