Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Shake a spear?

Unfortunately I won't be gaming on Thursday this week because of a Shakespeare festival. It's a bummer that they clash, but Thursday seems to be a popular night for school activities (parent teacher interviews, meet-the-parents nights, prizegiving etc.). It's always a joy to see students getting up and giving the bard a try, and there are usually several great performances. Debbie and I went to the national finals a couple of years back, and they were very impressive. Debbie has suggested that I should assemble and train a team of students to be the school's video team - a group with the know-how and enthusiasm to record and edit together videos of significant events. It's a great idea, and one that I may give some time to once I've waded my way through the mountain of marking I seem to have scattered about my desk. Oh, and I should put a notice into the daily notices about original music too, for the 48. Better dash and get some of this stuff done!


1 comment:

Matt said...

It's the Sheila Wynn Shakespeare in schools festival. There are regional heats, then a big weekend long finals/workshop in Wellington. It's usually quite fun.

I think the Wellington heats are held at Wellington East?