Monday, May 01, 2006

Birthday Presents!

I've been meaning to make a list like this for quite a few years, and keep forgetting: Perennial Gifts: Alcohol of yummy varieties (d'you like Baileys?) A4 drawing pad Cool stationery, like pens and mechanical pencils and... twink? Book/CD vouchers Audiobooks that are not Artemis Fowl/Supernaturalists - YA or classic or Terry Pratchett... Dice, especially d4's, d8's and oddly d12's One-offs Pith Helmet Furry Russian Hat LCD Monitor (17"?) Internal DVD drive Kingdom Come graphic novel V for Vendetta graphic novel Watchmen graphic novel Equilibrium DVD (I'm teaching it to my Y13 class this year!) Adaptation DVD Basic, Old School RPG books for the bookshelves at the back of my classroom. Preferably with kewl art so kids will want to pick them up and take a look. I did have external hard-drive on the list, but then I bought myself one as a birthday present. It's nifty - 40gb and quite small (notebook drive in a 2.5" USB enclosure). There are much more capacious drives to be had, but for the $ and size it's cool. I also received a rockin' ipod video (30gb) from Debbie. It's awesome. She gave it to me early, since my birthday's not 'til the 11th. So, there's some stuff that I wants. I also like simple birthday greetings and the company of friends, so Saturday should be awesome. I don't expect presents from anyone at all (well, except my parents - they'll pretty much never be off the hook on that one). In fact, I might find it awkward to receive presents in a public situation. But for next-year Matt, when loved ones ask "what do you want for your birthday?", I can at least look at this list for some ideas. Except of course I'll be over 30 then, so the answer will always be powertools. And a shed (or sheds) to keep them in.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a second (or so :) ) copy of Exalted first edition if you want it for the class room.

Luke

Matt said...

Exalted is probably an awesome book to get kids interested!

Anonymous said...

We can be 30 gig Ipod Video buddies! What colour is yours?!