Monday, January 23, 2006

Kapcon Comment Number 1!

My first ever post on NZRrag.com Thanks to everyone who came to Kapcon, who ran games at Kapcon, who helped with the running and planning of Kapcon, and who was awesome at Kapcon. It was a great experience running the convention. There were a lot of awesome things, such as: Dale's Superhero Game - the only game I played in, in the final round. We had a stellar group (Luke, Jenni, Nick, Morgue, Debbie and Matt), it was an awesome 4 colour superhero game, and the character interaction was magic. Best moment for me? I was playing the super-powered son of the dim-witted Captain Hope and the brilliant Professor Eternity. I had moved so I was sitting between Luke and Jenni (the players), quite close, so I could roleplay with them the most. Then they had a fight in front of me. Being 7, I was quite traumatised, and my character slunk off to hang out with the pistol weilding bad boy Salvo and the Vegas Narcissist Zia the Magnificent. I moved my chair so I was sandwiched between Nick and Debbie, leaving a big space between the players who had just argued. I then decided to get back at my parents by emulating my father's foil, Salvo. At the climax of the game the 7 year old Daniel whipped out a police issue revolver, screamed out Salvo's catchphrase, and started shooting blindly at the villains. The reaction from my super-dad was fantastic, and it helped to push him into a reconciliation with his best man. There are many other fantastic moments from this brilliant game, but I'll let some other people comment on those. Prize Giving - it really is a very nice thing to be able to acknowledge some of the cool stuff that people have done during the con in a public setting. We had a lot of neat prizes this year, as Chaosium, SJG, the RPGA, Milsims and others had donated lots of goodies. and the last one for now, Stephen Hickey (Hix)'s comment at the end of day 1 Matt: "How was your first ever day at Kapcon?" Hix: "Great, I ran some great games, and I have some interesting ideas to work on for tomorrow. And there are really good people here." Really good people. That's why Kapcon is so awesome.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Matt for running and inventing an awesome LARP :) What fun!!