Monday, January 09, 2006

Getting Close!

Kapcon is just around the corner! It's starting to get quite exciting indeed. There are lots of little jobs that need to be done between now and Kapcon, but everything is on track and looking good. We have about 35 LARP characters assigned, somewhere close to 60 people preregistered (and about 25 of them prepaid), and we have 27 non-RPGA games so far, with Jon and Erik and Svend all having promised to run something, but not yet on the list. So, I am very well disposed towards the world in general. I have also convinced myself to run Kapcon for another year if the rest of the committee agrees, although I won't be involved with the LARP again for a while. Three years in a row is a pretty good stretch anyhow. One of the things that I'm intending to do this year is to build on the records I kept from the organising of this Kapcon, so that the next organiser has a pretty clear guide as to how it's been done in the past. I'm also looking at taking on an aprentice for K16, someone to train up to run K17. I have one or two people in mind for this, and will be approaching them during or shortly after Kapcon. Just to make sure I don't forget, here's a sample of some of the things that need to be done in the next 2 weeks: - print out game choice forms, scoring forms and nomination forms - maps of rooms for each floor - get RPGA room signs printed - arrange for coffee urn and hot water for tea etc. - buy some supplies for Kapcon cafe (same as last year - mostly drinks and nibbles) - pick up t-shirts - buy props for Kapcon LArp (wooden puzzle, brooch, 'diamond') - print out name tags - count number of plastic badges and buy extras if needed - purchase small lockable money box - LARP meeting on Wednesday - Write newspaper sheets for LARP background info - keep assigning LARP characters and sending out character sheets - collect keys for venue (probably a Scott job :) - set up rooms on Friday Feel free to comment with extra jobs that I've overlooked. I do have a list in my Kapcon big book of stuff, which I shall also check today. We are booked into the function room at Southern Cross / Zeboes, although they have redecorated and may no longer do such delicious food.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want me to print game choice, nomination and scoring sheets?

And keys are being sorted. :)

Scott

Anonymous said...

If you need any help setting up on Friday afternoon, give me a yell. I've already got Friday and the weekend off work, so I wont be doing anything next Friday except for turning up to drinks.

NP

Matt said...

Thanks for the help guys! Scott - it'd be great if you did the scoring, game choice and nomination forms. Please make the bit where people write their name really big and obvious (although there are bound to be people who miss it anyway).

Nick - your help will be much appreaciated. The more people we can get there setting up, the faster it'll go. Paul has also offered to help with setting stuff up.

Anonymous said...

Cool will do. I am on nights next week so may not be able to make the drinks, but can run around picking stuff up if needed. I also have a big unopened bag of milo for Kapcon.

Scott