Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Back to work!

 Back to work!

Well, not actual work, but back to marking.


The break was decidedly nice, my nephew is a cute wee fellow, and it's nice to be home. Debbie and I walked around and up the Mount, which was very nice. I saw a sign, which informed me that the Mount (Mauao) is 232 metres high, and the base track is 3.4km long. I greatly enjoyed the walk around, and survived the climb up, so that was good.


It was really nice to see my family, including the new addition, and to have a chance to hang out. I also collected lots of interesting stuff to watch and listen to, which should keep me entertained for many months to come. I am particularly looking forward to sitting down and wathching the new Doctor Who series - well, the recent series with Christopher Eccleston in it. Not exactly new now, but we managed to miss all but 2 episodes on TV.


We bought a new camera before we went away on holiday, which is neat. It's all little and lightweight, and with a 512mb card in it it has plenty o storage space. I may post a photo or two from the holiday if I get around to resizing them...


Ummm, in other news, I have way too much marking to do. Actually, it's not all that much, but it's about 20 hours more than I'd like to have to do during my holidays. Still, it has to be done, and if I can get a few hours done today, that's a few hours I won't have to cram into the Sunday before school starts up again.


I'd best get back into it - I only logged onto the internet to confirm that a student had plagiarised 2 pages of the 5 page report - which they had. Then the lure of not-work got me, and I ended up here...




No comments: