Thursday, February 04, 2010

Work is harder than not-work


Today was tough. The actual teaching parts were fine but the lunchtime duty was double length (due to a non-standard Thrusday timetable) and was officially VERY HOT. Like Tyra Banks on a photoshoot the sun in summer is fierce. Fortunately I was rescued by Debbie and Dom who picked me up in an air-conditioned family car and whisked me away to a land full of cold coke, chocoloate, trampolining, delicious smoked-chicken pasta dinner and ice cream. A lovely way to recover from a Thursday :-) Tonight a story I wrote last year is being published on Every Day Fiction. It's the same site that published Debbie's story The Death Meter in January :-) EDIT: Linky! http://www.everydayfiction.com/dead-weight-by-matt-cowens/ They also now have a podcast of Debbie's story, and on the first of March they'll post up another story I recorded (Mr Sterne by Michael Tracy). I will no doubt record Dead Weight (my story) some time soon also. It's quite fun recording flash stories (under 1,000 words)!

1 comment:

macow said...

Have been catching up on ratings and comments and reviews. Congratulations on some great feedback!