Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Cowcon




On Saturday a bunch of gamers came over to our house for a day of lazy conversation, kicking beach balls around and gaming. It was a lot of fun and, though tiring, is something I'm keen to do again :-) I played in a quick game of Zombie Cinema with Luke, Margie and Steve. It's a very simple game and I like the time it takes to run - an hour long game is pretty good for my current attention span. I put a few things into my character's background that could have been quite serious - she was a middle aged woman whose husband, daughter and son had all died recently. She was trying to pick up the peices in a positive, independent way (by singing in a talent show at Coastlands mall). I figured there was a strong element of personal tragedy there which could be played against the general tragedy and horror of a zombie apocalypse. As it turned out the family angle mostly played out as bizzare and twisted, rather than tragic. Although my character's zombie daughter being hacked to pieces in front of the stage whilst Total Eclipse of the Heart blared out through the sound system and my character tried to stoically keep singing through running mascara was on the tragic end of the spectrum... In the afternoon Dom and I kicked around a beach ball with Luke and Steve, went to the park, went to the library then went for a walk with Giffy. Dom fell asleep in the pram after his busy day. Debbie played in a Scarlet Pimpernel Best Friends game with Svend, Celeste, Steve and Margie which was, from all accounts, very plot twisty indeed. I shall leave it to people who actually played the game to comment on how awesome it was, but it sure sounded good when DOm and I rampaged past between excursions. On Sunday we had a quiet day to recover which was very nice, and we picked up a 22 inch telly for the bedroom which was also very nice. A huge improvement on the 14 inch TV we'd had (what with most of the stuff we watch being widescreen, and therefore letterboxed on the old telly). Is pretty. Now - ERO in the hizzouse. Off to print out unit and year plans I go...

3 comments:

Jon said...

I'm sad I missed Cowcon!

(Also, my word verification (below) is Lies Up - Not sure what it's trying to tell me, that my comment is a lie?)

Matt said...

Next time my good ma, next time...

Matt said...

Man. Not ma.

Damn afternoon typing.

Though my ma is also welcome, whether for gaming or Dom entertaining :-)