Friday, September 11, 2009

Busy busy BUSY!

Have posted my Part Four of The Event. Not sure it moves things forward terribly but it was fun to write. In a horrible kind of way. Children in peril is much more traumatic to read about or see now we've got a Dom of our own. Have applied for a (small) promotion at school, will have an interview next week. Joys. Have arranged to get a new roof put on our house in the holidays. Old roof has many holes, rust and so on. Also getting new clear plastic covering for the deck. Will be watertight for a change! Sadly cost is much $. Still, that's what savings are for, right? Well, that and buying cameras and new bedroom tellies and paying the rates... Prizegiving work has started, so that's a whole bunch of time and pressure. Still, I'm on track so far which is good and it's a satisfying project to work on. Uh, looks like I'll meet my modest writing goal with the novel I'm writing this term. Will be past half way by the end of term. Will also aim to write a bunch during the holidays (another 10,000 words maybe). Have moved into my new office at school. It's a lot nicer than the crazy rabbit warren we used to have. Must photocopy exam papers for next week too. And organise a day during exams for students to come in and do catchup work. Busy busy busy!


2 comments:

Matt said...

The Event is now more than 20,000 words!

macow said...

Good luck with the small promotion - I'm off to read your event part four. I read Debbie's first but hopefully that won't matter too much. There are scary imaginations living in you two. :)