Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time running short

I think I'm going to have to do some marking in the next few days which is going to slow down my writing considerably. Well, it's going to force me to write in the evenings when Dom's asleep, at least. His naps are about 90 - 120 minutes long, which is a great amount of time to have a cup of tea, clean up the morning's dishes and mess, maybe put a load of washing on, and get a solid 45 minutes writing done. If I want to get an hour of marking in during each of his naps for the rest of the week that's going to push writing back into the evening. On the plus side I think I work faster in general when there's something I want to do when I'm finished. This week it'll be spending time with Debbie in the evenings and watching The Shield season 4. It's a very compelling show! So I think if I can squeeze in a productive half hour each evening I should still be able to make some good progress, even if I am marking during Dom's naps.

3698 / 15000 words. 25% done!



No comments: