Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Event Kicks Off

Debbie has organised a group writing thingy which has so far been a lot of fun. It's called The Event and will see five writers following five characters through a life-changing event in Wellington. The writers involved are Steph, Jenni, Chris, Debbie and myself. OK, so I probably don't need to link to my blog from a post on my blog, but I wanted my name to be a link too. Each of the five of us are going to write 5 short pieces of fiction following our respective protagonists. The characters may well meet up, interact, kill each other, whatever, so we'll be trying to play nice (where nice means giving each other room to move and have fun, not actually being nice to the characters). The first installment from each of us is up in one big post over on The Event's blog. Future entries will probably be of the one-bit-of-writing-per-post type. Probably. We haven't collectively decided what the event is actually going to be. I may be pushing for an alien invasion. Or talking cats. Or a plague that makes people slowly melt into organic stew. Hopefully the rest of the group have some good ideas ;-)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, sounds very cool. Off I go to subscribe :)