Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba

Weekday mornings, TV2, at about 8.15am Dom's been enjoying American kids' show Yo Gabba Gabba. It features DJ Lance Rock with his mean ghetto blaster filled with characters:




The models of the characters are very nicely crafted (I kind of want a Moono and a Plex doll - for Dom of course). And the costumes for when the characters come alive are fantastic (I definitely want a Moono or Plex costume).

The show has lots of songs and animation and important messages like 'don't bite your friends' as well as a guest most episodes who demonstrates a dancey dance.



Elijah Wood's dancey dance can be seen online at the official Yo Gabba Gabba site (yogabbagabba.com). They recently had Jack Black doing disco dancing, and have had Tony Hawk as a guest too (he skated, rather than danced).

Debbie tells me it's slightly less compelling if you have to dance to it *every day* but I'm really enjoying seeing bits of it before I race out to work in the morning :-)

Yo! Gabba Gabba - Party In My Tummy from Sundtrak on Vimeo.

4 comments:

debbie said...

Raise your knee, raise your other knee,
Raise your foot, raise your other foot,
Walk in a circle,
That's the puppet master!

Damn you, Elijah Wood. Your dancey-dance is stuck in my brain!

Unknown said...

I've heard lots about Yo Gaba Gaba (I guess I know quite a few ppl with toddlers). I had no idea what it was about though.

Thanks for the info :)

Matt said...

I showed a little bit of it to my Y13 Media Studies class today and one kid said - "Oh, that's the character from that party in my tummy video!"

Apparently it was an 'internet sensation' a while ago?

Jon said...

Kids nowadays...

Looks crazy enough that I might watch it later, when people from work aren't likely to be looking over my shoulder.