Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Shiny

I have a new school laptop! It's all shiny and new and has a nice keyboard and hasn't yet been dropped, so it works properly :-) I was actually quite excited when I realised that this laptop is so new and flash and from the future that it can play music at the same time as I'm typing up reports or making handouts for my class (or looking at the internet). My old laptop stopped being able to do that a little over a year ago. It wasn't broken enough to need replacing and it could still handle intensive tasks like video editing (maybe at a slightly slower pace), but playing music whilst doing something else tricky like looking at a word document? No dice. Actually, sometimes just playing a long song was too much for the old lappy and it'd have choppy playback. Anyways, this laptop also came with a cool backpack so if I need/want to take it home it's way easier to do so on my bike. I say thank-you Board of Trustees for paying to lease this new toy :-)


No comments: