Sunday, August 10, 2008

Shopping and TV watching and video editing and...

I am enjoying the weekend. Weekends are all goods. I agree with Giffy that long weekends are even better, but a 2 day weekend is still plenty of awesome. I've done many fun things already this weekend, such as:

*Filled in (late) tax returns
*Went shopping and bought $2.50 long sleeve tees for the Dom. And books, and toys, and leggings (thermals)...
*Made a passable curry with some very nice chapatis (using a mix of wholemeal and standard flour)
*Started editing some video sequences for a colleague's play (with video bits). Most of the bits I've done so far are either one or two shots, so it hasn't been hard :-)
*Had a nap with Dominic, whilst listening to an audiobook of The Big Sleep
*Spent time with Debbie and Dom chilling and relaxing
*Watched 27 Dresses, an enjoyable by-the-numbers romcom, Meet the Spartans, a very silly parody with enough jokes that it's fun to watch even though only half the jokes are to my taste, and the Extras Christmas special which was very good
*Debbie and I tag teamed the kitchen, so it's looking quite clean again. I had kind of trashed it with my hurried dinner making last night :-)

Today we're planning on popping out to pick up a fruit-only chopping board (onion flavoured apple being less than ideal) and one or two other things, then coming home to enjoy a quiet afternoon with a visit from Steve and much relaxing.



Dominic has started pointing at things a lot. It's very cute - especially when he decides to point at my nose or eyeball. Cute until the nails dig in, that is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woot! I totally got a mention :)

Weekends are good. I am still having one ;) I should get up and do some stuff though. I think I shall buy some clothes for me. Baby clothes always tempt me though, 'cause the *tiny* and *cute*.

Curry, tag-teaming, naps and dom/deb time sound full of awesome. Multiple chopping boards are also good ;) At my Aunt and Uncle's bach they have an "onion and garlic" board.

Also, Dom is so much huger than when we left. Is amazing.