Monday, July 21, 2008

The thrill of backing up files

I am slowly backing up things from my hard drive which I consider to be 'important'. This isn't a speedy process, but it's also not a complicated one :-) Mostly it involves grouping stuff into DVD sized bunches and burning and labelling discs. I am rather keen on the idea of new storage media like bluray discs, which I heard hold a lot of data (like, 20gb?). In a few years, when they're cheap, I shall be happy to use them :-) School has started again, which is sad. I don't dislike my job but I do greatly prefer the holidays. Given half a chance I'd love to be a professional hobbyist and homebody. Ah, 'twould be lovely. Right, I should label this disc that's just finished burning and then do some marking of some sort...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Had dinner last week with HOD from "my old school". She would be happy to have me back. If I don't want full-time work she wants me back to relieve! Is good to know that I'm wanted. I'm kinda missing the teaching, although *not* the returning from holidays. That is always hard.

Seraph said...

You DEFINITELY don't want to be in the position I was in last term, when my un-backed-up lap top hard drive got zorched, taking all my new unit work I wrote AND my assessment record for the previous term with it ... NOT fun...
Carry on the good back-up work !