Saturday, June 14, 2008

Making short films

This weekend Debbie and I are getting together with some fine folks to shoot some inserts for a short film we're making. It's a silly little piece on the history of dice which we're making for a competition. We knew the 48 hour film competition was a no-go for us this year, what with little Dom keeping us busy and tied to home, so we were very excited about the prospect of a longer term (2 week) contest which we could enter. The script is 90% piece to camera, with what I hope is a good number of jokes and puns thrown in. The inserts are mostly visual gags, with a line of dialogue here and there. I am looking forward to shooting today, and have decided not to wash my hair this morning as there are two separate shots which involve me having tomato sauce squirted over my face (injury by die, injury by playing card). I'll wash my hair after those shots, I think :-) The contest closes on Monday night, and submitting entries is done by posting them to Youtube and sending a link through to the contest organisers. So, I'll post the finished video on Monday!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for submitting via Youtube so that we can all see them straight away! Yes!