Saturday, May 10, 2008

Early morning photography

Well, not that early in the morning really. Dominic stayed in bed until 5.45 this morning, making it a sleep in. This photo was taken some time later - around 9am or so? Dom was in his exersaucer, but was fascinated by something outside - possibly a branch moving in the wind?



Weight Loss Tip For The Day:
If Matt wants to lose weight, the cunning plan appears to be:

1. Eat a lot of junk food all the time so you gain an extra 3 kilos
2. Realise you're 3 kilos over your already too-high former weight
3. Stop eating junk food, start having weetbix for breakfast instead of leftovers

Uh, that's about it really. Seems to be working so far :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgreous photo! and good luck with the weight loss.

Anonymous said...

weetbix breakfast sounds sensible, but I will never give up eating left-overs!!

I'm queen of packed lunches right now though, partly 'cause I'm getting into the bento thing, partly 'cause I worry Beau isn't eating while at work.

I also imagine you continue to bike/walk to-from work. :)

Will you get a baby seat for Dom to go cycling with?

debbie said...

Matt says:

I have very fond memories of weekend bike rides with my parents, with me in a baby seat on the back of Dad's bike, my sister on the back of Mum's, and my brother biking beside us. I assume these are real memories :-) So yes, I'm keen to get a baby seat once Dom is old enough.

I have continued biking to school, although it should be noted I still managed to gain 3kg whilst biking about every day. I ate a lot of junk food. At least those particular 3kg are gone now.

Anonymous said...

The bike rides are real - we did it in Christchurch, way back in the St Albans days, when you were about 3/4 and Adam 6/7. And the bikes were...ANCIENT!

Unknown said...

Yay for 3kg down! Do you pack lunch, or walk home?

The family biking sounds superfun. I know from experience that family walks are awesome too :)

Exercise that is more fun than a chore is the way to go :)

Matt said...

4kg now. I usually pack lunch and bike home too - I have to supervise my form class eating lunch for 10 minutes before lunchtime, so I usually eat then too.

My current diet is really just a food pyramid no-junk-food diet, so I'm not limiting the size of my meals, just what I eat between them :-)

Unknown said...

Ah, the whole "no snacking" thing. I'm not too bad at that, except for how there are *always* chocolate biscuits at morning and afternoon tea. Plus my current job involves me sitting at a desk all day waiting for a phone to ring and reading novels online. I kinda love that I get paid to read ;)

However, I have now weaned myself off sugar in my tea, so that will count for something, right?

Ok, foodblog day!