Saturday, January 19, 2008

Why do I love dice so much?

I have a lot of dice. More dice than I need for just about any game (except Dogs in the Vineyard and Princes' Kingdom). So why do I see dice at Kapcon and think that I'd like more? I guess it might be a bit like many of the purchases I make. I tend to think about things and shop around, and even after I buy something like a TV, I still notice the prices and features of other TVs in the shops for a long time afterwards - sometimes months, sometimes longer. Dice have been a desirable commodity since I was about ten or so, and I haven't actually bought dice on many occasions. I have bought a pound'o'dice, and then a few individual die to fill in the gaps, so now I have all the dice I sensibly need, and more. But I still covet pounds'o'dice, and interesting sets of dice.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am the same. It makes no sense, beyond some kind of primal "THEY PRETTY" urge.