Sunday, June 24, 2007

Early Morning Wildlife

I went for a stroll this morning, and took my camera with me. I'm not much of a photographer (though I would love to get a digital SLR camera with a couple of lenses to play with - winning one as a prize somehow is the only way that's likely to happen), but I do like to take snapshots of things from time to time.

I find the beach quite beautiful, especially on a clear day. I took a few fairly random shots, watched sand trails swirling in the wind (that was very cool), and enjoyed the fresh morning air and sunshine. These are my 2 favourite shots:





I'm only about 40 pages from finishing the third book I've read this term. That's not in any way impressive - I used to read a couple of books a week when I was a projectionist, and now I'm down to less than one a month on average. However, with the advent of reading-whilst-walking-to-work, I have managed to read almost three books in one term (five more school days to finish 40 pages, shouldn't be a problem). So, hooray for living within walking distance of my school :)

4 comments:

Seraph said...

The 'sunrise' dealie is great ! Super cool shot !

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos - and re the second one, Harvey Norman in Chch are running a landscape photo contest that costs the price of printing off a 5x7 photo to enter. If the same thing is running in Porirua you should enter this - it is lovely.I agree with the "Super cool shot comment!

Matt said...

I like it too, but unfortunately the focus is quite close to the camera. It would have been awesome if the driftwood/treestump had been nicely in focus.

I plan to take more early morning walks and try to capture similar shots, but with better focus, in the holidays.

And I found taking photos of random birds surprisingly fun too, so I imagine there may be more nature photography too :)

Anonymous said...

I liked the sense of pathway from foreground to sky, and the glint of the sand. I look forward to seeing the holiday pictures as well, birds and landscapes