Thursday, April 26, 2007

Busy times

It's been a busy week already, and that was with a day off in the middle! Actually, the day off was the day of 2 rehearsals for the major production (dress rehearsals), so it was only a bit of a day off. The show is quite fun, and is only one act, so it should be very easy to edit once it's been filmed. It looks like I'll be at the show for the next three nights, doing a rehearsal run of the filming tonight, proper filming tomorrow (with some extra borrowed gear), and seeing the show with my family on Saturday. I hope not to be filming on Saturday, but could always take up that role if needs be. If it's anything like last year, I may not be able to film on Saturday due to unavailability of camera operators - though I think this year I only need 2 kids to do filming, and I have 4 signed up, so hopefully they'll come through. Watching films in class continues to be awesome - laugh out loud response from my Year 12s to some parts of Shawshank, and the relatively powerful ending scene for today's viewing of Tommy being shot (about 20 seconds before the bell). Man, Shawshank is a great film, and I never get tired of watching it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds exciting - and I am happy, and remember Dad is qualified - to operate cameras if needed. Ancient people on stand by...
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow - at an hour suitably late enough for you to have had some recovery from the week time - we will phone with journey progress reports.