Sunday, June 11, 2006

Boys Up the Rear

Regan's party was a lot of fun, and there were many random moments:

Nick and I performing the world's lamest shady underworld exchange - transferring 'the package' (Mighty Boosh audio files) from my ipod to his. We did have the technological challenge of getting the computer turned on, which was harder than we anticipated. We discussed whether we ought to hit it with sticks and bones (male model styles) but triumphed in the end using our massive, massive brains.

The boy band! Morgue, Svend, Erik, Jarratt and myself were dubbed 'Boys Up The Rear'. Our first single was going to be called 'Rear Up'. I think I was the one who could actually play an instrument (though wouldn't on any songs on our first album. I was allowed to strum a guitar on a ballad on the second album). I was the most likely to leave and do a solo project.

Nick had left the band just before we went big to pursue a screen career, and I was his replacement. Morgue was the bad boy. Jarratt was the soulful one. Erik and Svend were the brothers. I think Erik died in a tragic gasoline-fight incident, and his ashes were placed in an urn. He lived on the edge, and continued to be on the edge after death on a specially made mantel that would allow him to be simultaneously at the rear and on the edge.

It was all a little silly. Debbie was our manager, and Jenni signed on as our stylist. We had Sock Dreams sponsorship, and were going to pose for a RHCP tribute photo - with extra long socks.

Then there was the Morgue and Svend show, which viewers enjoyed but found hard to hear at times. The fan base grew pretty quickly, and there was lively discussion on the boards about the tension between the characters, the possibility that all of season one was going to turn out to be a dream sequence, and the odd fact that Nick seemed to be in the background of every shot.

Lastly for today: Swooning. For the safety of ladies, a couch should be handily placed to swoon onto. Morgue dubbed this a swouch. For those situations where no such furniture is available, indentured servants may be employed to catch you: swervants. It is an expensive affair swooning, and may indeed require its very own swudget.

That is my account of Saturday night, loosed like an arrow from a bow, whose target is random.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the boosch radio shows! I have almost listened to all of it...

Expect that I will incorporate it into my everyday randomness... You have no idea of the monster that you've unleashed!

Saturday night was sooper-riotous!

Anonymous said...

I totally missed the Morgue & Svend Show meme. Huh.

'Boys up the Rear' is now one of my LJ interests.

Anonymous said...

So when is the first single "The Only Gear is Reverse" coming out?

Anonymous said...

The Morgue and Svend show was pretty good. I was one of the first fans, and I liked how it developed as a story.

I was disappointed that my televisionwithoutpity reviews were so poorly read, even if the viewership increased triplefold in ten minutes.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou kindly for coming along :) The hilarity of the evening was much added to! Imagine being lucky enough to have all the members of Boys up the Rear in my lounge at the same time!! Where was my camera!?

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Giovanni,

I regret to inform you of your recall to Venice...

Oops, sorry, wrong comment...

Yo Matty! I can read your blog through the internet filter at work, but not see the comments (or comment). It's nice to hear what you and Debs are up to!

Take care,

Jon