Friday, April 07, 2006

Weather, whether... wether?

I have added a new word to my vocabulary. Apparently a wether is a castrated goat. Who knew? Probably a lot of goat farmers and enthusiasts (I didn't want to say goat fanciers, as I have heard terrible stories about Palmerston North...). I am keenly awaiting reviews of my Game Chef game, even though they will be terrible. I saw a game that I thought was really quite good score 17/50! I hope I make it into double figures for at least one review, or at least get a positive comment somewhere. Still, even if it's all accurate and derogatory, I shall not let it get me down. I enjoyed the experience, and it has forced me to read other entries, and in doing so I feel like I've learned a lot about game design. [When your existing knowledge is limited, it's easy to feel like you've learned a lot. It's similar to having a buck in your pocket, and through hard work earning another dollar. You've still only got $2, but you've doubled your wealth!)]


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be embarrassing to mentioned but after my parents farming goats for a few years when we lived in Mooridge Road, I learned of the term wether.

So I knew :)

Matt said...

Apparently Debbie also was aware of the term, from her studies of Shakespeare.

And the word for a neutered rooster, which eludes me right now.

debbie said...

Capon is the term for a castrated rooster. Apparently they grow nice and fat and delicious once castrated. Falstaff was particularly fond of them.