Thursday, November 24, 2005

MU'd!

 MU'd!

Hmmm. I seem to have been given a Management Unit for next year. Yay me, I suppose.


It's pretty awesome to have the confidence of the department and management, and the extra $ will be most handy, but this week I'm really not sure that more responsibility is really what I need. Except that, of course, it is if I want to progress my career and end up sitting in a nice comfy office pushing paper about and telling people what to do.


The one uncomfortable thing is that I think there were only 2 candidates for the job, and the other person will be part of my team next year. I hope that goes smoothly. I felt a mix of pleasure and guilt at being given the job, especially as the other candidate was sitting just around the corner in the English department office, and could no doubt hear everything that we were talking about.


All is well, I am sure that it will go swimmingly.


Now I must finish my junior reports, as the mountain of marking at home needs sorting tonight, in preparation for the Saturday kick-off.


I shall be very glad when the next 2 weeks are over and done with. I might skip the end of term booze-up, in favour of marking. Debbie and I are working on our plan to get up early and do an hour or two of work before school. It didn't happen today, but the start of the week was quite productive for me.


Table Manners


Last night Debbie and I saw a play called Table Manners at the Kapiti playhouse. It was awesome! Really funny, well acted, with a great stage setup / set dressing. A fantastic night out, filled with chuckles and laughs and some great comedic performances!



No comments: